[VIP] Handbook of Usability and User-Experience: 2-Volume Set
This two-volume handbook set introduces the state-of-the-art development in research and applications related to usability and user-experience. Volume one includes methods and techniques and volume two covers research and case Studies.
Handbook of Usability and User Experience: Methods and Techniques is concerned with emerging usability and user experience in design concepts, theories and applications of human factors knowledge focusing on the discovery, design and understanding of human interaction and usability issues with products and systems for their improvement.
This volume presents methods and techniques to design products, systems and environments with good usability, accessibility and user satisfaction. It introduces the concepts of usability and its association with user experience, and discusses methods and models for usability and UX. It also introduces relevant cognitive, cultural, social and experiential individual differences, which are essential for understanding, measuring and utilizing these differences in the study of usability and interaction design. In addition, the book discusses the use of usability assessment to improve healthcare, the relationship between usability and user experience in the built environment, the state-of-the-art review of usability and UX in the digital world, usability and UX in the current context, and emerging technologies.
We hope that this first of two volumes will be helpful to a large number of professionals, students and practitioners who strive to incorporate usability and user experience principles and knowledge in a variety of applications. We trust that the knowledge presented in this volume will ultimately lead to an increased appreciation of the benefits of usability and incorporate the principles of usability and user experience knowledge to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of consumer products, systems and environments in which we live.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1.Usability and User Experience: Methods and Models
- Chapter 2.Implications and Methodological Guidance for the Study of Individual Differences in Usability and User Experience
- Chapter 3.Three Methods of Usability-UX Task Analysis, REM, UX System Diagrams
- Chapter 4.Remote Usability Testing
- Chapter 5.Helping Them To See It – Using Full Size Mock-Ups to Achieve Usability
- Chapter 6.Handbook of Usability and User-Experience
- Chapter 7.User-Centred Change: New Perspectives on Technology Development and Implementation
- Chapter 8.Using Usability to Improve Healthcare
- Chapter 9.Usability and User-experience: Research and Case studies
- Chapter 10.Getting the benefits from connecting digital health applications to complex healthcare systems
- Chapter 11.Usability and User Experience of the built environment: concepts, methods and techniques
- Chapter 12.A Human-Centered Architecture: Considering usability and user-experience in architectural design
- Chapter 13.Digital Human Modelling in Usability
- Chapter 14.User Experience and Information Architecture: Interaction with Recommendation System on a Music Streaming Platform
- Chapter 15.Personified Virtual Assistants: evaluating users' perception of usability and UX
- Chapter 16.User experience in remote context: emerging needs
- Chapter 17.Applications of infrared thermography to evaluate the ergonomics and usability of products with a gestural interface
- Chapter 18.Advanced User Experience Evaluations Using Biosensors in Virtual Environments