[VIP] Motion Design School: Animated Typefaces with Animography
Animated Typefaces with Animography Learn how to set up your files in order to create powerful and flexible typographic systems
Animated Typefaces with Animography
- Add motion to any typeface in After Effects
- Learn how to create built-in controllers, kerning, stylistic alternates and all that good stuff
- Quickly create consistent and powerful typographic content
- Great as a personal project, and even better to sell to your clients as part of their motion branding
What is this course about?
There are a lot of digital screens in our lives today. From smartphones to Billboards. And with it comes large demand for typography in motion design. Often because the content is consumed without audio.
In this course, you’ll learn how to create an animated typeface within After Effects. You can type with it, just like any other typeface. But it has the added bonus of motion. It takes some effort to animate but once finished, you can apply it over and over again to quickly create consistent and powerful typographic content. Great as a personal project, and even better to sell to your clients as part of their motion branding.
What will I learn in Animated Typefaces?
We’ll start off by laying a basic foundation without even touching After Effects. I’ll show you the tools we will use, and explain how to approach your project as a modular design system. I will also cover some typography lingo that you might not be familiar with, to make sure we speak the same language.
• Course outline;
• Overview of the tools we will be using;
• Motion design theory;
• Essential typography lingo.
Create a Basic Animated Typeface
To get familiar with the process, we will create a very simple animated typeface. There will be lots of room to experiment and add your own style. This lesson is all about getting to know the setup of an animated typeface.
• Creating a typeface template;
• Animating the typeface;
• Using precomps;
• Adding kerning & metrics;
• Adding stylistic alternates;
• Using your own font.